Do not proceed with any medical treatment without first seeking guidance of a medical professional. Recommended dosing: Hydroxychloroquine (HC) 200 mg po TID for 5 days Azithromycin (AZ) 500 mg po day 1 and then 250 mg po days 2 – 5 Who should be treated: All COVID-19 positive patients
- Regardless of symptoms
- Not necessary if previously positive and are now COVID-19 negative (defined by two negative PCR tests 24 hours apart)
- If feasible (obvious special circumstances will occur: critically ill hospitalized patients, unable to take oral medications, allergy to one or more of the medications, potential drug interactions – which are minimal). These will have to be on a case by case basis.
- Health care workers
- Household contacts
- First responders, law enforcement, etc.
- High risk community or facility clusters (e.g. nursing homes, church with “super-spreader”)
- Compelling in vitro data showing potent antiviral effects of chloroquine and HC (Vincent 2005, Keyaerts 2004, Yao 2020)
- Open-label clinical trial from France (Gualtret 2020)
- Rapidly growing real time experience world-wide
- These drugs have a good safety profile
Envíe sus comentarios y preguntas para que uno de nuestros expertos pueda ayudarle